Physical Acitivty Clinical Champions
Date published: 2015-12-15T00:00:00
The UK has amongst the lowest levels of physical activity, with almost 1 in 4 people defined as ‘inactive’. In the UK, low levels of physical activity are responsible for:
• 1 in 6 deaths (equal to smoking)
• up to 40% of many long-term conditions (eg diabetes)
• £7.4bn annual costs, including £0.9bn to the NHS
Public Health England are offering FREE locally tailored training sessions for doctors in primary and secondary care.
• Public Health England-trained GP facilitator
• practical, interactive sessions based on the latest national and international data, research and evidence
• flexible sessions with 1 to 2.5 hours of CPD material shown to increase clinician understanding, confidence and expertise for clinical practice
Very brief advice on physical activity from healthcare professionals has been shown to improve clinical outcomes. This training focuses on practical tips to easily integrate this into every day clinical practice
Available across six regions of England until 31 March 2016.
To book your free sessions email the Public Health England Team at: